Halloween Haunt 2017 is an Epic Scream at Canada’s Wonderland
I love Halloween. A day of costumes, candy, and creepiness. It is a fun time to bring children together to visit the generous homes in their local neighbourhoods, as well as a fun time for adults to get creative with masquerade balls aplenty. Through this thriller-style celebration of spooks, scares, monsters, and spirits, haunted houses pop up in many cities, zombie walks are organized, and parks take the holiday into their own hands to bring an experience that will fill your October of many a scream. And this is exactly what we found at the Halloween Haunt at Canada’s Wonderland.
A Little Bit About the Event
Halloween Haunt at Canada’s Wonderland is a Halloween celebration held yearly. Entering its 13th season, the Haunt attracts thousands for a night of fun to celebrate the spooky month of October! Canada’s Wonderland pulls out all the stops to transform the already jam-packed theme park of thrilling attractions and one-of-a-kind rides to a spooky and haunted extravaganza where ghosts linger and goblins take fright.
Prepare to enjoy special scary attractions ready to test your fright, night access to many of the exhilarating adrenaline-pumping rides including the highest roller coaster in Canada, the Leviathan, seasonal shows, hundreds of talented actors in costume just waiting to scare you as you pass, and much more.
Rides that are Open for an Evening of Thrills:
The following rides are open for an evening of fun spins, loops, high-speed chases, and more. Some of the roller coasters at Canada’s Wonderland certainly push the envelope in the daring category! Enjoy riding experiences including steep drops, tower-height plummets, riding on your stomach, riding backwards, the kinks and bumps of vintage wood tracks, dizziness-inducing spins within Canada’s Wonderland’s version of the Disney tea cups, going head-to-head with creepy clowns on the bumper cars, and more. There is truly something for everyone!
- The Leviathan Roller-coaster
- The Behemoth (roller coaster)
- The Dragon Fire (roller coaster)
- The Wild Beast (roller coaster)
- The Mighty Canadian Mind Buster (oldest roller coaster in the park!)
- The Night Mares
- The Drop Tower
- The Riptide
- The Spinovator
- The Rage (Boat)
- Thunder Run (roller coaster)
- The Fly
- The Vortex
- Backlot Stunt Coaster
- Krachenwagen (bumper cars)
- The Orbiter
- Sledge hammer
- Soaring Timbers
- Speed City Raceway
- The Bat (Roller Coaster)
- Time Warp
A Few of Our Favourite Special Halloween Haunt Attractions
Halloween Haunt is a fantastic display of all things creepy. In fact, I get so scared in some of these attractions that I must cave and purchase the immunity necklace to avoid the scares and chases. I bought last year’s really adorable Snoopy necklace to which I wore this year as well, and to ensure immunity, purchased the 2017 necklace of Frankenstein on top of that. These necklaces are $7.00 and can be purchased online or at the park at the entrance gift shop.
This hospital ER has been terrorized! Enter if you dare and get the scary inside scoop on what could happen in an emergency room gone wrong!
This scare zone brings a whole new meaning to a slaughterhouse! Walk on through and prepare your fright metre for some gory and gruesome sights.
Fan of Science Fiction? If so, head to this spectacle in the middle of the Medieval Fair where all goes wrong and horrifying for one family in their happy cul-de-sac!
The Bloody Buccaneers – New for 2017!
This ship of the dead will make chills go up your spine as you walk through. Definitely not for the faint of heart!
This I think was my favourite attraction at this year’s Halloween Haunt. I am a sucker for great acrobats, dancing, and death-defying stunts and this show had them all. Enjoy a great performance of flame throwing, pole dancing, aerial acrobats, flips and tricks, and just that right amount of cheekiness.
Showtimes are throughout the evening starting at 8 pm. A great attraction to enjoy right after a meal of worm soup!
Halloween Haunt Logistics
Now that you have read all about this fun and frightening evening extravaganza of rides, mazes, food, and entertainment, you must be dying to know how you can get there yourself! Here are the simple logistics!
- Halloween Haunt Canada’s Wonderland is located in Vaughan Ontario, which is part of the Greater Toronto Area. It is easily accessible by the 400-Series highways with clear signage to get you there successfully
- Driving? Parking is $22.00 per vehicle. If you are going to the Halloween Haunt with friends, why not carpool to save money on parking and spend it inside on food, games, and other fun stuff. If you purchase parking in advance online, you will save $2 and pay only $20!
- Admission to the Halloween Haunt starts at $35.99 +Tax when ordering online (at the gate it is $49.99 so it is best to order from your computer!). This base admission price includes access to all the attractions, shows, and scare zones with lingering monsters, zombies and ghosts.
- If you are a Season’s Pass holder for 2017, your base entry is $29.99 + Tax.
- If you purchased your 2018 Season’s Pass already, your base entry fee is $24.99 – 1/2 the entry gate price!
- Wish to see the attraction without waiting forever in line? Why not add on the Fright Lane & Skeleton Key Pass? Bypass those annoyingly lengthy queues of all the Halloween Haunt Special Attractions, and get exclusive access to some of the scariest attractions in the park. This upgrade combo if bought together is $35.00 additional to your base entry price. Take it from us. It really is worth it as you want to be able to see as many attractions as possible!
- Wish to bypass the annoyingly long lines at the 20 rides as well? You can also buy the Fast Pass. This pass is similar to the Fright Lane, but is specific to the rides that are open in the evening. This is especially ideal if you want to ride the popular roller coasters as those waits can be upward to an hour or two. This add-on is an additional $45.00 on top of the base entry fee, parking, and Fright Lane. **However, do note that Fast Passes that include the Leviathan, Behemoth, and Soaring Timbers rides are $55.00 extra on top of your base entry price ($10 additional to the regular Fast Pass). The $45.00 add-on Does Not include those three rides.
- Hungry? You can opt in and add the VIP Buffet special! This can be added when you purchase your tickets online for an additional $14.99! Get a delicious all-you-can-eat buffet meal at the Marketplace International Buffer and early entry to 2 of the scary mazes – Bloodshed and Club Blood awaiting your arrival. If a buffet is too much food, you can also purchase meal deals for $13.99 that include a main, a drink, and one side dish.
- You can purchase your “No-boo” Frankenstein Immunity necklace here with your admission or at the parks.
- Want the souvenir photos of the evening? for $19.99 you can receive a copy of all your pictures of the night from the rides and attractions!
The Halloween Haunt runs through until October 31st. It really is an incredible time and after going at least once, you will want to return year after year for the spooky and scary fun that awaits.
The Halloween Haunt at Canada’s Wonderland made it on our Heavenly Centenary Sites Bucket List as it truly is an incredible Halloween spectacle that everyone in Ontario should visit. Granddad loved Halloween and many of the holiday movies so I am sure he would have loved this scary spectacle. Follow along on our journey exploring the corners of Ontario and enjoy incredible experiences such as this seasonal one at Canada’s Wonderland.
Follow along on our Heavenly Centenary Journey and get our incredible Free Romantic Getaway Journal on the sidebar here.
Want to Shout us a Cuppa Jo? We Cannot Thank you enough and will send you a postcard from our Ontario Travels. Click here for details!
Check out our incredible Heavenly Centenary Swag in our shop!
Travelling to Canada? Don’t be a ninny and go without insurance!
We were a guest of Canada’s Wonderland for the Halloween Haunt 2017. All opinions are our own and were not influenced in any way.
No related posts.